Thursday, June 27, 2013

Typography and Styles

 InDesign Paragraph Style Options for Hypenation

 InDesign Paragraph Style Options for Justification
Just thought this information in print might be something you all may want to use once you settle back in your stations at home. Our presentation today on typography hit my heart.

Our high school requires its seniors to complete an exhibition project that includes a proposal with a thesis statement, a research paper and an oral presentation on any topic they are interested in, whether it be for personal interest or for professional study.

I have pleaded for years to have one of my staffers do theirs on the effects of typography. I feel it is one of the most powerful elements in design, and its use can enhance or destroy any design on any topic/subject/sport spread/page. I believe it is as important as the emotion of a great story or the impact of a great photo.

I thought Tracy's presentation was outstanding. From the Krispy Creme beginning to the tips on set up in the end, it was one of those times when you would liked to have had every single one of your students lined up in the front row right along with you learning everything needed to correct all the mistakes you've been fighting for years.

Some of you said it better than I ever could...we have been dealing with those "seas" of white space in lines of text forever.

Woofta. What a gain!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Maureen! I agree, Tracy's presentation was spectacular. With his permission, I hope to take that presentation and use it as a teaching tool for my class.

    Those little things that you don't really think about are so important. Keep practicing that Cornhole toss - my fellow Koala!

    Michelle Williams
    Providence Catholic School

    ReplyDelete