Friday, June 28, 2013

Reflecting on the last two weeks





Cornhole, what a strange name for a fun game.  The team competition was lively and fun.  Thank you Mike for organizing the Yankee gift exchange.  It was a great way to end the week.  I love my Sedona shirt and am anxious to see Maureen in the Sedona movie.


As I think about the last two weeks, I am overwhelmed by all I have learned.  I am so excited about restructuring my journalism program.  I finally feel confident to take a real dive onto the Web.  But in addition to the great information and ideas, I also am very thankful for the collaboration with all of you.  I do not often get the chance to connect with other journalism teachers and advisers.  MY PLC's are all English based.  I have learned so much just by talking with all of you.  Thank you for being so willing to share.

When I learned that next year would be the last year of this program, it made me feel blessed that I finally applied and was chosen this year.  I really hope more funding is found and that Steve and Alan can continue.

Here's to a great year.

Lisa Shapiro
Northwest High School
Germantown, MD

1 comment:

  1. You bet, Lisa -- thanks to everyone who participated and shared a little of home with our Reynolds crew. I had a blast, and my wife is happy I scored the Terrible Towel! Thanks for that, Aaron!

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete