Friday, June 28, 2013

Reflecting and looking forward



Gregory Favre will sum up this experience and what comes next much better than I can in the scramble to get everyone to the airport. But as I prep for one last morning together I can't resist offering some thoughts on our whirlwind two weeks.

I'm thinking back to that first Sunday night of building tours and introductions and comparing that to the corn hole/Yankee swap crew of last night. You've created a family that will continue online, at JEA conventions, etc. The Cronkite School and your time here will fast become context for something much more valuable.

I'm also imagining what you will accomplish not just in your schools but in your communities and states. If you've found a lesson or strategy helpful or have developed a new interest here, share it. That includes the materials you are taking home.
Thanks for your attention and hard work throughout our time together. I look forward to following your successes through the Facebook group. Please drop a line now and then and let us know how you're doing.

You're welcome to keep posting to the blog (especially if you still owe me posts).

Steve Elliott
Arizona State University
Phoenix
steventelliott.com (domain now protected against online horrors)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all the hours you put into this program. I am so thankful that I was selected to be part of the 2013 #reynasu group. See you all in Boston and San Diego!

    Jill Burns
    Robinson High School
    Tampa, Fla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co-signing off Jill's comment, I can't thank you enough, Steve. My colleagues were already jealous that I'm getting this experience, but they'll be even more envious when I come back racing about you.

    Dave Anderson
    Christian Brothers High School
    Sacramento, Calif.

    ReplyDelete