Friday, June 28, 2013

Blogging from the airport

I'm sitting at the Blanco bar with Jill, Brandon and Aaron basking the end of the reynasu glory. As we wait to board our planes, the talk is of TSA, our peers and not a whole lot of journalism. And that's okay. The best part: we've been able to move beyond just the sessions and become not just fellows but friends. As much as I've loved everything we've learned in classes, our connections go beyond journalism. My first year of teaching was extremely isolating (yes, I actually have had problems fitting in) and I am so excited to be part of a community instead of just locked away in my classroom. I can't wait to see all of you at the state and national conventions: I will be looking for you! and I will be very happy to talk to each and every one of you. Who's gonna bring me the orange Velma sweater?

Here's a selection of photos. I have more that I'll post on Facebook when I have more time to go through my camera. Here's a snap shot of us--
 Team building
 On the phone-- no surprise
And yes, learning (sorry about the soft focus)

And of course--
One last team building exercise


Sarah-Anne Lanman
MunsterHigh  School
Munster, Ind.

No comments:

Post a Comment