Thursday, June 27, 2013

Students becoming teachers

Sometimes I realize that I have to depend on my 13 & 16 year old son for technology advice, even if I am a technology teacher.  I don't think it's such a bad thing, because then I know what kids their age are doing.

The video is a clip my son does and posts on youtube.  He loves his xbox and spends time with his friends from all over the place, recording and discussing each video game mission.  On a positive note, I'm glad my son is posting how to gaming videos instead of inappropriate stuff. 

It's also nice when I can show him how to do something that I have learned.  I look forward to showing them some of the nifty things I learned these past two weeks.

One thing I always tell my classes, you don't have to know how to do everything, but you should know where to look for the answers.  (prior-service teachers, yes - I still follow that rule) I also tell students, I don't know everything and I'm pretty sure that they will teach me a few things too.  We should all look forward to learning from each other.

Michelle Williams
Providence Catholic School
San Antonio, TX




No comments:

Post a Comment